Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A walk back home

I feel torn on my walk back home,

Disturbingly comfortable being alone,

A thought suddenly crosses my trampled mind,

Have I exchanged my soul for the corporate find?

The leaves on the trees receive no stares,

The pouring rain has none to care.

Did the birds fly back to their nests today?

Or was I too busy making my day???

The shadow of death has fallen on me,

My cold face not even glaring at me!

Was I not breathing a moment ago?

Then how have I fallen to be remembered no more?

The zipping traffic has crowded my mind,

It’s black, it’s gray, it’s not my way.

But if everyone is walking I must walk too,

For the end must be near and in this direction too.

The pied piper has done it again,

Look at us merry, look at us unaware!

The gleeful faces will soon be a memory,

Of the sedan days and corporate glory!

The shroud has fallen on the face of life,

The priest is reciting in his pious voice.

The requiem is humming through the blaring horns,

The world seems like the Trojan horse

9 comments:

AVANTIKA said...

very nice n d rhyme scheme works gr8 too....!!!

Memento mori said...

Thanks a lot avantika :)
though the rhyme seems co-ordinated, the thoughts were so divergent man...

a big yawn said...

with memories going bleak, in the money we seek ..
Its thoughts thats questing the point of your nib.

The beacon is lit.. time is here
from now on just toil and tire.
Its my anguish its my fear life is rolling in the faster gear.

we cant stop..but we can turn..look back at the fading fern.

future beckons
Its setting the tone.. its for you to reckon what your goal

Anonymous said...

Dude gd one..me also goin through the same..bt i guess its we who make the choices

Memento mori said...

thanx zico... tht was a lovely extension...its like jugalbandi :)

Memento mori said...

Thans Jai paa-ji... guess we have BIG company ;)

Eby said...

Mind-blowing buddy!! and strikingly familiar...

Memento mori said...

Thanx Eby... terrible feeling man... have to do something soon...

Dvsh said...

mast!!!!!!!